Cut You Off

Ahh, Gentle Reader,

Well, it finally happened. My mother has crossed a line I cannot excuse / defend / overlook. 

For YEARS, everyone I've talked to about her has told me to cut contact / lessen contact / enforce boundaries / etc. because she is toxic. This includes doctors, friends, acquaintences, everyone. And I just couldn't do it. I love her. I felt sorry for her. I didn't want to give up on her, or leave her without support. 

But tonight, she tactically attacked, went for the "Critical Hit" shot that she knew would do the most damage. I refuse to allow that behavior to continue. I refuse to allow her COMPLETE lack of accountability for her own behavior to continue. I refuse to allow her accusations to continue. I refuse to allow her manipulative behavior to continue. (This list could get long.) I refuse to allow her to keep the relationship we have with a weird power dynamic that is unhealthy for both of us, and practically undoes the HARD WORK I have done, and continue to do, in therapy. 


So, for MY mental health, I have decided to cut contact. This was not an easy decision. But it is one that I have to make for my own well-being. Maybe someday she will understand that. 

Remember, as always, to stay safe, wear your mask, drink water, and love yourself as you love your friends


All My Love, 
Izzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Update

Not Another Boring Intro