Journals!

Ahh, Gentle Reader,

As I sit here in the dark waiting for my Sweetie to wake up, it occurs to me that what I'd most like to be doing is working on a handmade journal for a dear friend. The terminology is moving from "junk journals" to "handmade journals", which I like better. They aren't junk, they are made with love, and yes, maybe some upcycled materials, but also beautiful items bought or thrifted or discovered along life's path. 

Creating these journals is my favorite hobby, after penpalling, of course. I just love how many techniques and supplies you can incorporate!!  If you want to add a real, crocheted doily, go for it! If you want to stain paper with Easter egg dye, do it! If you want to sew each page with your sewing machine, doooooo it! It is just the most fun creative outlet, in my opinion.

And I love giving them as gifts! People are just so amazed that I can create them, which is kind of funny, cause it's mostly "gluing paper to other paper" as my sister says. I guess there is a little precision to it. But it's mostly just putting pretty things together. Or eclectic things, if that's your style. 

I encourage you to give it a try! It's truly a fun experience. :) 


Stay safe, drink water, and love yourself as you love others! 


Love, 

Izzy  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Update

Not Another Boring Intro

Cut You Off