My Sweetie UNDERSTANDS

    Ahh, gentle reader,

    Today has been a rough day; This whole week has, to be honest. And one of the the things that has gotten me through it is my beloved betrothed, my Sweetie. I can't say enough good things about them. But I'm gonna try. 😉

    Any time that I am struggling, sometimes when I don't even see it, they are there. They reassure me, and remind me of stuff I need to do, and support me in any way they possibly can. They cook for me when I'm too tired, or in too much pain. They read to me when I have bad dreams, so their voice is the last thing I hear before sleep. They do every single little or big thing that they can to make my life easier and happier. 

    I've been thinking about that a lot this week. And I think a big part of it, aside from their unending compassion, is that they also have ADHD, and they GET me in a way that NO ONE ever has. They understand that having a "Bride" tumbler with a straw and lid made it easier for me to make sugar free lemonade, so they replaced mine when I accidentally broke it. They understand that some days I just cannot figure out how to get myself into the shower. (Once I'm in there, I turn into a goddamn mermaid, but the *getting me in there* part is hard.) They understand that I get overstimulated around too many people, or too much noise, or repetitive noises. They got me noise cancelling headphones, and they're one of my favorite possessions. They UNDERSTAND all of this. I don't have to justify why my brain is different, or why I need certain things, or why I can't do "normal" things sometimes. They just get it. And it is amazing. 

    If you are neurodivergent, I highly recommend dating someone else who is. I've had a couple men who "loved" me, but no one has ever understood me in the way my Sweetie does. 

        Another awesome thing about my Sweetie is that they are honest with me. They tell me when I hurt them, so we can work through it. They tell me when they're proud of me. They tell me their dreams and goals and wishes. They tell me anything I ask, and sometimes more. They're very private, so I cherish those details that they dein to share with me. I know that it's special. 

    I guess that's enough gushing for now. I just had to say something. I had a loss today, and they are giving me whatever I need. Right now, that's "Anthem of our Dying Day" on repeat (with headphones). Soon it will be cuddles. And if it changes into something else, I know they'll be there, in any way they can. 


    Until next time, gentle reader, stay safe, drink water, and love yourself as you love your friends. 


                                                                                                                                                                            Love, Izzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Update

Not Another Boring Intro

Cut You Off