Mail ALL THE THINGS!

    Ahh, gentle reader, 

    I ran out of postage stamps, as I often do... I've been penpalling for 6 years, and I still don't know how many I realistically need. So, I ordered 2 books - one domestic and one international. I'm about to send out 17 Happy Mails! And a couple more on Monday when the Post Office is open. 😁 So, I should be getting some reply mail next week or so. I'm so excited to make new friends, and share with old friends. I truly love penpalling. It is so enriching, and inspiring. 💟

    If you don't have a penpal, I highly recommend it. It's similar to a therapist, in a way. They aren't up in your situations, so they can offer perspective. And they offer support. And send letters full of themselves, their loves, their lives. It's really amazing to get to see a part of someone's life that they might not necessarily share with people closer to them. And it's semi-anonymous, so a lot of people find freedom in writing to someone they'll likely never meet. 

    There's also the "goodies", which are totally not necessary. But when a penpal includes a cute little something that they picked out just for you, or even something you've asked for, it's just so sweet! And it's a lot of fun to collect little cute things and match them to your penpals, too. I love sending a curated envelope full of stickers, washi, notes, quotes, art, etc. that I just know will make my penpal smile! 

    It kinda sucks to walk to the mailbox and not have anything fun, but those days when you get 4 or 5 Happy Mails make up for it. I think 6 is my all-time record. And that just makes it such a great day! Then you get to sit down and decide who to respond to first. Ha ha! But that's a great problem to have! 

    I haven't had any days with 6 in a while, but I probably will after I mail out this stack. I'm up to 21 now. The mail carrier probably knows exactly when I get stamps. Ha ha! I write constantly, then I'll get a bunch of stamps and send a pile out. Oh, well. That's how life is sometimes. 

    That's all I have for today folks. Go out and find a penpal! Feel free to comment or reach out to me by email if you have any questions about how to safely find a penpal. 

    Stay safe, drink water, and love yourself as you love your friends. Until next time!

                                                                                                                                                                                Love, Izzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Update

Not Another Boring Intro

The Breakup